Cleansing and detoxifying eliminate harmful toxins. Failing to consume enough cleansing foods as part of a normal diet contributes to chronic inflammation, as cells and blood must be continually purified with the help of nutrient-dense foods and supplements to prevent a chronic inflammatory response.
If you were to list the factors that increase the risk chronic inflammation– linked to just about any illness – the Standard American Diet (SAD) has them all:
High in simple carbohydrates and refined sugars
High in unhealthy fats: saturated, hydrogenated
Low in fiber
High in processed foods
Low in complex carbohydrates
Low in plant-based foods
The striking fact is that cultures that eat the reverse of the standard American diet – low fat, high in complex carbohydrates, plant-based, and high in fiber – have a much lower rates of killer disease.
What’s even more SAD is that countries whose populations can afford to eat the healthiest disease-preventing foods, don’t. The United States has spent more money on cancer research than any country in the world, yet the American diet contributes to the very diseases we are spending money to prevent.
Read more about Seven Core Essentials for proper nutrition.
Over 85% of Americans lack these seven essential nutrients!
Why? The truth is, YOU don't have to settle for the status quo. We believe we can help you understand simple truths for a more satisfying and rewarding life. A multivitamin alone is simply not enough! We all require 7 categories of nutrients for optimal health.
1. Vitamins and Minerals: Our bodies don’t make essential vitamins. You can only obtain them through a healthy diet and quality nutritional supplements.
2. Antioxidants: Antioxidants counteract the pollutants that we constantly encounter and help prevent cellular damage.
3. Omega-3 Fatty Acids (EFAs): EFAs nourish the joints, support heart health and brain development, and can only be found in food or supplements.
4. Probiotics: A poor diet, antibiotics and chemicals destroy these vital microbes that support immunity and gut health. A healthy ratio of friendly to unfriendly bacteria is 85:15. Most people have this ratio reversed.
5. Enzymes: Our bodies produce fewer enzymes as we age, which can lead to gastrointestinal discomfort and malnutrition.
6. Fiber: Fiber absorbs water and toxins to help eliminate waste, and increasing fiber intake may increase your life span. (Archives of Internal Medicine, June 2011)
7. Protein: As the building blocks of bones, muscles, cartilage and skin, proteins are vital for the health and maintenance of your body.
Learn More about Natures Sunshine Habit of Health. Many companies want you to believe that the solution to your health concerns lies in one little pill or one sip of this or that juice. The truth, however, is that one item just isn’t enough. Your body is a complex combination of tissues, organs and systems. And each system has needs that must be addressed to achieve optimal health. When you give your body what it needs, your body will repay you with superior energy, exhilarating vitality and optimum health.
Let Nature’s Sunshine help you be and feel your best. As you give your body the nutritional support it needs, you’ll reap the rewards of a healthier, happier life. Talk to your local NSP Associate about beginning your own Habit of Health today.